It’s summertime, which means it’s time for road trips! Whether you’re planning a short trip to the neighbors or a long venture across the country, here are some great things to do on a 15-day road trip from Vancouver to Calgary. Whether you’re looking for sights to see or activities to partake in, there’s something for everyone on this list. So pack your bags and get ready to hit the open road!
Why Visit Vancouver?
If you’re looking for a great day trip from Vancouver, consider heading to Calgary. Here are some of the best things to do on a day trip from Vancouver:
-Visit Stanley Park: This park is home to beautiful beaches and mountains, as well as plenty of activities for visitors of all ages. You can stroll along the coast or explore the trails in the park.
-Take a boat ride on the Fraser River: This river is filled with beautiful scenery, including waterfalls and rapids. You can take a boat ride up or down the river, or even go camping out on one of the many islands along it.
-Check out Granville Island: This island is home to botanical gardens and artisan shops, making it a great place to spend an afternoon shopping. There’s also plenty of space to relax outdoors if you want.
What To Do In Victoria
There are so many things to do in Victoria that it can be difficult to decide what to do on your one day road trip! Here are some of our favourites:
-View the majestic Victoria Harbour from the Harbourview Walkway
-Stroll through Chinatown and explore the colourful shops and markets
-Take a hike in Mt. Douglas Provincial Park, which features stunning views of Vancouver Island
-Visit the Oak Bay Museum, home to an impressive collection of Aboriginal artefacts and vintageitems
-Marvel at the imposing architecture of Royal BC Museum, Canada’s largest museum east of Winnipeg
-Grab a cup of coffee or tea at one of Victoria’s many teahouses before exploring more of the city
The Vancouver Harbour Cruise
On a Vancouver to Calgary road trip, there are plenty of things to do! If you’re looking for a scenic drive, the Harbour Cruise is a great way to see the city from the sea. You can also enjoy some shopping and dining in Vancouver, or take in some attractions in Calgary like the famous Rocky Mountains. Be sure to plan your route carefully though – this is a long drive!
Exploring Stanley Park
When planning your Vancouver to Calgary road trip, don’t forget to explore Stanley Park. This vast and gorgeous park is filled with hikes, bike trails, and beaches. There are also plenty of restaurants and viewpoints to visit while you’re in the area.
The Okanagan Valley
The Okanagan Valley is a beautiful and historic area in British Columbia. It’s known for its wine country, mountains, lakes, and forests. There are many things to do in the valley, from hiking and biking to fishing and golfing. Here are some of our favorite attractions:
– wildfires: The valley is often affected by wildfires, which makes for impressive photo opportunities. Check out the website wildfireokanagan.com for up-to-date information on when and where fires are burning.
– wineries: If wine isn’t your thing, there are also plenty of other wineries to visit in the valley. Some of our favorites include Rosedale Estates Winery, Meade Family Winery, and Red Rocks Vineyard & Winery.
– golf: The Okanagan Valley is home to some of the best golf courses in BC. Try out Pronghorn Golf Course or Lantz Glen Golf Club for a challenging day of play.
– hikes: The Okanagan Valley has some incredible hiking trails that will take you through rocky forests and picturesque valleys. Our favorites include Lake Cascades Regional Park, Mount Boucherie Provincial Park, and Kanaka Creek Provincial Park.
On your next road trip, consider spending a day in Vancouver and driving to Calgary. Here are some of the best things to do on such a short trip:
1. Take a walk or bike ride along the seawall. This 2.5-mile trail parallels the Pacific Ocean and offers stunning views of the city and ocean. 3. Have lunch at one of Vancouver’s many waterfront restaurants. 4. Visit one of Vancouver’s famous art galleries (like the Emily Carr Museum). 5 . See a performance by local musicians at an outdoor venue like The Imperial Theatre (in Gastown). 6 . Catch a sunset over the ocean from one of Vancouver’s many rooftops or terraces. 7 . Browse through BC’s top-notch independent stores like Portobello Market or Meek’s Fine Art, both located in downtown Vancouver. 8 . Enjoy some delicious coffee or tea at one of downtown Vancouver’s many cafes and specialty stores.
The Drive to Kamloops
If you’re looking for an epic road trip that will take you from the snow-capped peaks of Vancouver to the rolling plains of Calgary, look no further. Here are my favorite things to do on a day trip from Vancouver to Calgary:
1. Drive out to beautiful Howe Sound and check out the towering trees and misty waterfalls along the winding drive.
2. Stop in downtown Vancouver for a quick bite at a local coffee shop or bakery before continuing on your journey.
3. Continue driving east and explore the beautiful coastline towns like Sechelt and Gibsons before arriving in Kamloops.
4. Check out the charming downtown district before taking a walk or bike ride around town.
5. Take in some amazing views of the surrounding mountains while enjoying a warm meal at one of Kamloops’ iconic restaurants like The Bear Paw Grill or The Cottage Bistro.
The Road to Calgary
Planning a road trip from Vancouver to Calgary is a great way to see some of the best sights and attractions in the province. The route can be driven in either direction and there are plenty of things to see and do if you take your time travelling along the way. Here are five of our favourite things to do on a day trip from Vancouver:
1. Catch a glimpse of snowy Rocky Mountain peaks as you drive through Banff National Park.
2. Stroll through Stanley Park, home to cute sea lions, enormous trees, and beautiful gardens.
3. Drive out onto the wild landscapes of Kananaskis Country for an amazing view of the Canadian Rockies from a distance.
4. Visit one of Calgary’s world-famous oil refineries or check out some local art galleries during your stay in this vibrant city.
5. End your trip with a delicious meal at one of Calgary’s famous restaurants before hitting the hay – it’s sure to be an unforgettable experience!
1. Start your day in Calgary with a breakfast at one of the city’s many iconic cafes like The Keg or The Mill.
2. Head over to Strathcona Park for some sightseeing and relaxation on a beautiful day.
3. Drive out to Mount Royal for an amazing view of the city skyline, or take a hike up the mountain if you’re feeling energetic.
4. When you’re ready for some fun, head to the Calgary Zoo for an exciting day out filled with animals and activities!
5. End your night in Calgary by partying hard at one of the city’s many hot spots!
The Drive Home
1. The drive home from Vancouver to Calgary is long, but it’s an amazing ride. There are so many things to do on the way, and the scenery is simply beautiful.
2. If you’re driving the entire way, make sure to stop in Banff for a day trip. It’s a must-see destination if you’re ever in the area!
3. Another great place to stop on the way home is Jasper National Park. It’s another gorgeous park that’s worth checking out, no matter where you are in Canada.
4. To really take your driver’s test to the next level, take a detour down Highway 1 through California, Oregon and Washington State. You won’t be disappointed by the views or by how much fun you’ll have cruising down this iconic road!